Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Response to Saturday Shoot

I loved the one shot! It was one of my favorite events that I've ever done at UNCW. First off, the adrenaline was great. I really enjoyed being presented the problem of: we have 28 seconds of film, one take, and only an hour and a half. Pressure like that has always kept me creative. I thought our shot was particularly complex and ultimately turned out beautifully. We used shade from the rain as our inspiration, and came up with the idea of two lost lovers looking for one another. Our exposure was right on the money, I had brought a light meter, and the image was beautiful. I didn't enjoy seeing what the film looked like after slowing it down by half, because the video image became jumpy. However, having a camera of my own that is spring wound, this really inspired me to try to do more complex long takes. Ultimately, the rain was not a great bother, in fact it made it interesting. I want to do this again, I also really want to learn more about developing films on my own time. Andre, if you ever get the time, I want to learn more about exposing film at home, what type of film you need, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment