Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ideas for 48 Hour Video Race

I've had a few ideas about the video race. The one I am particularly fond of is the idea that I will use the web-camera of my laptop. Built into the monitor is the camera, if I open the program, I can click off single pictures. With a full charged battery, I, or with the assistance of another, can walk around or do stuff, while taking single pictures of myself. Thirty pictures will equal one second. I can do interesting stuff with mirrors and also a video picture within a video picture. I like shooting through a video screen. That way, I get multiple frames within a picture. I could use a cell phone camera for that. 
I wouldn't want to use a cell phone camera for the entire race, because I'm not sure how I would get my media from the camera itself. I've never been successful at that. Also, I don't like the look of a video camera phone. Pictures on a phone are too slow to take and wouldn't be feasible for the 48 hour race. 
I'm not sure what my theme will be, but I'm sure I'll come up with something soon. Overall, I just want to make a crazy inventive film. I like doing animation, not of still objects, but moving ones. Like myself or other people. It gives the film an interesting quality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment