Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Experience With the Projects

I had a wide range of experiences with each project. 

Project 1: Film painting I rate as a 5. I learned a lot from this project, but still I felt not as creative on this one. It was interesting to learn about how projectors work and that is ultimately what I pulled from this project the most. Inks on film is interesting, but not something I would want to regularly do in the future. 
Project 2: Rhythmic Edit I would rate as a 3. It was a lot of fun to see the final product and I like seeing the rhythm of the cuts over and over again. It was fun to experiment with how to tell a story in such brief cuts. 
Project 3: Animation was my least favorite. I rate it a 6. I just didn't feel that creative in this process. I loved using super 8, but I felt that our end product was 'meh.' Maybe I hadn't prepared for it the way I had wanted to, but ultimately I felt I was the least creative with this one. That's not to say that I don't enjoy animation. On the contrary, I did animation for the video race and it rocked! I'll talk about that later. 
Project 4: Long Take I would rate as a 1. This was a fun project. I learned about how exposure worked in film, and the mystical nature of film processing was revealed to me. I found it very interesting, because I had never seen what a film negative looked like. This was an excellent project and a real eye opener. 
Project 5: 48 Hour Race was my second favorite project. I had never done animation with a digital still camera before. What I pulled away from this project was not so much that we can make films without cameras, but the pressure that I was under, and how I was able to use that make a fun film. I also used the opportunity to do green screen, something I had never done before. In the future I want to do more animation with still cameras. 
Project 6: Found Footage I rate as a 4. I like it, but I wasn't in like with it. I don't think I was very creative with the project. It is hard to take concepts and use other media to show them, but only do it in a minute. I think my project suffered because of the time restriction. Had I had more time, I could have better explained the point of my film with in the film. However, taking media to make different meanings is a real eye opener. I felt like a propaganda machine, because I could bend people to think what I wanted them to think, just by using image and sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment