Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Projections of Sound On Image

I really liked this article. It was informative and interesting at the same time. I had never thought of sound as a bridging mechanism. Not in the sense of bridging a gap in the cut, but in the sense of being a way to suggest a connection between two shots that would be meaningless together. Sound is something I haven't given a lot of credence to, but after reading this article, I'd like to learn more. It is interesting that our minds filter sounds in a completely different way than images. That would lead me to believe that it can be manipulated to a further extent than images. That means, it can have an even greater affect, because it can be tampered with more. Sound is something that is foreign to me. Though I hear it each day, I don't understand how acoustics work, this article definitely makes me want to learn more. Sound seems to play a bigger role in a feature film than I had thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment